When it comes to finding, vetting and hiring the right employees for your company, things can get a little convoluted. There are so many different angles to consider when approaching this process as an organization. There are also so many different services that offer assistance in hiring and outsourcing employees.
There are so many different services, it can be difficult to determine which one is right for your company. What most don’t realize until they’ve begun research is that there are also different kinds of services within this one industry sector. An online employment portal is one such service that offers assistance with employee hiring and outsourcing needs. Read on to learn more about what an online employment portal can offer you as an organization.
What is an online employment portal?
An online employment portal is a digital service that allows employers to post job listings and hire employees online. It also allows employees to search for jobs and build their resumes online.
A typical employment portal will offer the following functionality:
- Posting jobs and vetting applicants. Employers can post jobs and set up interview questions and instructions for applicants to complete.
- Resume-building functionality. Applicants can use the portal to build out their resumes and include relevant proof of experience and skill sets.
- Educational content. The portal will usually offer educational content for job seekers as well as for employers.
How does an online employment portal work?
As mentioned above, an online employment portal is a digital service that allows employers to post jobs and hire employees online. It also allows employees to search for jobs and build their resumes online. This type of service is often referred to as an “online recruitment platform” or an “online recruitment marketplace.” An online recruitment platform acts like a matchmaker between employers and job seekers. It allows you to set up candidate screening processes, like testing and assessments, and track the progress of your hiring team.
An online recruitment platform is different from a job board in many ways. Job boards are banner-based websites that entice job seekers to post their resumes online. They are not designed for employers to browse through resumes and hire employees.
Benefits of using InstaTalent online employment portal
- Access to a wide range of employment candidates - online recruitment portals allow employers to cast a wide net when looking for employees. This is helpful for organizations that need to hire for a wide variety of positions.
- Reduced time to hire - an online employment portal can help you speed up your hiring process by allowing you to screen candidates quickly and efficiently.
- Access to a wide range of talent - online recruitment portals allows you to access a wider range of talent than you’d get using an internal employee recruiting team. This is helpful for organizations that need to hire a range of skill sets and experience levels.
- Increased employee diversity - online recruitment portals allow employers to cast a wide net when looking for talent. This is helpful for organizations that want to increase the representation of underrepresented groups in the workplace.
- Reduced turnover - an online recruitment portal can help reduce turnover by helping you make a more informed hire.
Things to know before you use an online employment portal
- Cost. The cost associated with using an online employment portal will vary greatly depending on the service you choose. You’ll want to do some research to determine which platform is best for your hiring needs, and then you can weigh the costs associated with using each one.
- Candidate experience. Before you choose an online recruitment platform, you’ll want to assess the experience you’re providing to candidates. This needs to be more than just posting your jobs online. Candidates expect a high-quality experience on these types of platforms, so make sure you’re providing one.
- Engagement. You’ll also want to think about how you can engage the candidates on your hiring platform. You want to provide the best experience possible so candidates want to engage with your organization.